Full Frame G Lens for pro moviemaking
Inheriting technology from Sony professional equipment, this lens boasts a precision optical design that supports 4K as well as upcoming high-resolution formats with minimum breathing and image shift. Three control rings offer manual control for demanding large format production, and the first SSM drive in a lens designed for movies contributes to quiet powered zoom.
A full frame G Lens for serious moviemaking
High-resolution movie formats impose exacting performance standards, and this powered zoom really delivers with the precision and quality that 4K and higher formats demand.
Smooth Motion Optics satisfy pro needs
Lens requirements for moviemaking are demanding. Sony Smooth Motion Optics ensure minimal focus breathing, quiet operation, and other qualities that are essential for movies.
Smooth, quiet powered zoom
Quiet operation is a priority for professional movie shooting, so an SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive system has been employed for precise, quiet powered zooming.
Small and light for better handling
A compact, lightweight design that is also dust and moisture resistant is ideal for situations that require mobility plus reliability.
- Powered 8-speed zoom provides a 28-135mm focal length range, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives
- Power zoom designed for cinema productions and full frame cameras
- Features Sony's original Nano AR Coating technology designed to effectively suppress reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. The precisely defined regular nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, even more so than lenses with coatings that use an irregular nano-structure
- Three control rings (for zoom, focus, iris) offer manual control for demanding large format productions. The focus mode can be switched from auto to manual simply by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. Zoom speed can be precisely controlled over a wide range, with zoom rotation direction reversal capability. All three control rings have been engineered to provide ideal torque for comfortable, responsive operation. Even the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control
- Sony's advanced iris control and linear AF motor drive system achieve quiet focusing that is also extremely responsive. Part of the reason that focus control is so quiet is that original Sony linear motors are contactless, with no gears or mechanical coupling to generate noise
- The world's first SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive in a cinema lens for quiet zoom and smooth iris control
- Maintains plane of focus while zooming and maintains field of view while focusing (important for video)
- Delivers smooth tracking throughout the zoom range at any speed and eliminates any axial image shifting. Zooming is quiet as well as responsive thanks to advanced mechanical actuator design
- Features an optical design and control technology inherited from Sony's professional camcorders that ensure no breathing while focusing
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and five aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on APS-C Format Focal Length: 42 - 202.5 mm
Camera Mount Type :
Format Compatibility :
Angle of View :
APS-C Picture Angle: 54° - 12°
Minimum Focus Distance :
Maximum Reproduction Ratio :
Diaphragm Blades :
Image Stabilization : Yes
Autofocus : Yes
Tripod Collar : Yes Removable - rotating
Filter Thread : Front: 95 mm
Dimensions (DxL) : Approx. 4.13 x 6.40" (105 x 162.5 mm)
Packaging Info :
Package Weight : 4.9 lb
Box Dimensions (LxWxH) : 11.969 x 7.008 x 6.929"
1 x Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
1 x Front Lens Cap
1 x ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
1 x ALC-SH135 Lens Hood
1 x Lens Case
Have no questions.