Optimized for musicians, performers, and content creators, the Zoom Q4n Handy Video Recorderis a compact camera that combines higher-than-HD 2304x1296 video recording with Zoom's high-quality audio capture technology. It features a wide-angle 160° lens to capture the entire scene or stage and offers ten scene presets to adapt to various lighting conditions/environments. On the audio side, the Q4 features pop-up 120° microphones that can be configured in either A/B or X/Y configurations to capture live studio performances, concerts, or solo jam sessions. You can even use the Q4n as a stand-alone audio recorder, with audio saved in either uncompressed WAV (up to 24-bit / 96 kHz) or compressed AAC formats.
Compact and lightweight, the Zoom Q4n can be attached directly to your guitar using the optional GHM-1 Guitar Headstock Mount, placed in various areas on a stage using the optional MSM-1 Microphone Stand Mount, or attached to any 3-prong GoPro-style mount using an included adapter. A flip-out, full-color, rotating 2" LCD touchscreen provides a convenient interface for monitoring your images and audio levels, as well as adjusting settings. A micro-HDMI port allows you to connect the camcorder to your HDTV to watch your footage. Additional connectivity includes an external stereo input jack with plug-in power for connecting external microphones and other audio devices, and a headphones/line output jack for listening to your audio.
A USB port lets you connect the Q4n to your computer or iPad (using an optional iPad camera connection kit) for use as a webcam or USB microphone. You can also stream live, transfer recordings, and recharge the included lithium-ion battery. A separately-available AC adapter is also available for battery charging.
- Higher-than-HD 2.3K Video
- The Q4n captures up to 2304x1296 video at 30 fps, giving you a higher resolution than Full HD 1080p. The extra resolution is useful when you want to crop or reframe a shot. You can also record in standard 1080p at 30 fps, as well as 720p video at 30 or 60 fps. Additionally, you can also choose to record lower resolution WVGA formats when smaller file sizes are needed. Video is recorded in the .MOV format using the H.264 codec.
- 160° Wide-Angle Lens
- The built-in, fixed-focus lens features an improved f/2 maximum aperture and has an ultra-wide 160° angle of view to capture the entire scene in front of it. When an ultra-wide perspective isn't what you're after, a step-zoom feature lets you select from five narrower FOV options for tighter-framed shots.
- High-Quality Audio Recording
- The Q4n supports high-quality 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo recording from its built-in mics or from an external microphone connected via the 1/8" stereo jack (supports plug-in power). You can record audio alongside video, or use the Q4n as a dedicated audio recorder, with audio saved separately in either uncompressed WAV or compressed AAC formats.
- A/B or X/Y Stereo Microphone Configuration
- The wide 120° pop-up microphones can be configured for either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. The microphones can handle high sound pressure levels up to 140 dB SPL for distortion-free recording, even in loud environments.
A/B Recording: Provides a realistic sense of space and ambience; ideal when you want to capture the reverb of a concert hall, or record the sound of people talking in different parts of a room.
X/Y Recording: Capture audio with natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image. It's ideal for recording musical performances and for video blogging.
- Use as a Webcam
- Connect the Qn4 to your computer via a USB cable to use it as a high-quality video and audio streaming webcam, or as a USB microphone. The recorder can simultaneously transmit video of up to 720p and 16-bit / 48 kHz quality audio to the computer.
- Lighting Settings
- Choose among ten different scene presets for optimal results in various lighting conditions and environments. Available presets: Auto, Concert Lighting, Night, Concert-Low Light, Dance Club, Jazz Club, Concert Hall, Rehearsal-Studio, Garage, Outdoor, and Sunset.
- Compatible with 3-Prong Action Camera Mount
- In addition to a 1/4"-20 threaded hole, the Zoom Q4n includes a 3-prong mount adapter, making it compatible with a wide range of GoPro and other third-party action camera mounts. Attach the camera to a mic stand, clamp it to a guitar, or place it anywhere onstage or in the rehearsal room.
- - 2" flip-out, full-color, rotating touchscreen LCD
- - Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128GB
- - Easy one-button recording
- - Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
- - HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- - Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
- - Three Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
- - Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
- - Headphone / line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring
- - Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- - Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- - Includes rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours
- - Built-in 1/4"-20 tripod mount
- - 3-prong mount adapter for compatibility with action camera mounts
|Video Resolution||: 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), WVGA modes, 24 Mbps / 60 fps @ 720p|
|Lens||: 160 degree wide-angle F2.0/16.6mm|
|Audio Resolution||: 24-bit/96kHz saved in AAC/WAV|
|Storage Format||: MOV vidoe format saved to SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB|
|Connectivity||: HDMI, USB|
|Manufacturer Part Number||: ZQ4N|
- Lithium-ion battery (1050mAh BT-02)
- 3-prong action camera mount adapter
- USB to mini-USB cable
- Sponge windscreen
- Lens cover
- Lens hood
Have no questions.