The H5 Handy from Zoom is a compact, portable handheld digital recorder that is capable of four-track recording and features an interchangeable, modular microphone system. The recorder ships with an XY microphone capsule and is compatible with the existing line of H6 modules including the optional shotgun mic and XLR/TRS input modules.
The included XY stereo mic module provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle, and features a built-in shockmount system and a maximum SPL of 140dB. Additionally, the recorder is equipped with two inputs for external sources, allowing you to record simultaneously with the included stereo XY mic for a total of four input channels. Each input is controllable by its own analog gain knob, and also has a -20dB pad.
The recorder also has an LCD screen and a side-mounted toggle control for navigating through the menu options. It gives you fast access to transport functions, offering physical control buttons right underneath the screen, and conveniently stores its recorded audio to external SD cards.
In addition to the detachable X/Y capsule, the recorder also ships with a foam windscreen, a 2GB SD card, two AA batteries, a USB cable, WaveLab LE (download), Cubase LE (download), and a hard plastic case.
Zoom H5 Handy Recorder Features:
- A versatile 4-in/2-out mobile recording system
- 2 XLR/TRS combination inputs with microphone preamps and phantom power (+12/+24/+48V) accommodate most analog connections
- Modular input connection lets you attach onboard microphones and additional input jacks
- Gain knobs for each input make setting levels fast and easy
- Shockmounted XYH-5 XY stereo microphone module included
- Captures audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz professional-grade resolution
- Doubles as a handy USB recording interface with your Mac, Windows PC, or iPad (via Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- Large LCD display makes navigation and setup extremely easy
- Built-in processing includes highpass filtering, compression, limiting, and M-S stereo width decoding
- Loop playback, variable playback speed (from 50% to 150%), and variable pitch per track make this an excellent practice tool
- Chromatic tuner and metronome built in for added convenience
- Records onto SD and SDHC storage media with up to 32GB capacity
- Record for up to 15 hours on just 2 AA batteries
- Includes operation manual, 2GB SD card, 2 AA batteries, USB cable, foam windscreen, Wavelab LE software, and carrying case
- Optional shotgun mic, input expansion module, and hot shoe mount accessory also available
|Recording Media|| : SD card: 16MB to 2GB
: SDHC card: 4GB to 32GB
|Display||: Backlit LCD (128 x 64 pixels)|
|Power Requirements|| : AA size (LR6) battery x 2
: AC adapter (AD-17 (DC5V/1A/USB-type, optional)
: USB bus power
|Dimensions|| : H5: 2.3 x 5.3 x 1.7" (66.8 x 135.2 x 42.1 mm)
: XYH-5 X/Y mic:2.6 x 2.4 x 1.6" (65.5 x 62.2 x 41 mm)
|Weight|| : H5: 6.2 oz (176.0 g)
: XYH-5 X/Y mic: 3.3 oz (94.0 g)
|Package Weight||: 1.85 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||: 9.1 x 6.6 x 3.5"|
- Zoom H5 Handy Recorder
- 2 AA batteries
- X/Y mic capsule (XYH-5), 2GB Secure Digital card, USB cable, foam windscreen, case
Have no questions.